Tuesday, May 8, 2012

cinco de mayo & stuff



 This weekend I ventured off to New Jersey to spend time with family and it was wonderful. Weekends are the only time that I really love to be around a lot of people and have full, social days. Not to say that I hate being around people during the week, but some alone time goes quick and feels better during the week. Weekend? Give me crowds, loved ones, tons of conversation or sleeping in a house filled with humans. We all gathered at my Mom's beach house on LBI and spent a bunch of time eating, drinking, and straight up hangin' out. I love my family and being able to hop on the train and be there. No planes, no expensive tickets, or planning months in advance. This is how it should be. I also got to see my little nieces and basically stalked my cousin Brooke's (almost one year old!) baby Elena the entire time.


Now it's the week and i'm back to my little schedule. Interviews, writing, hoppin' around Brooklyn and living. One of my best pals from SCAD is visiting/staying with me tomorrow which rules and this weekend is Mother's Day so more NJ is on the horizon. I also have a list of must have new drugstore brand lipsticks I need to hop on, Michael Ian Black's fantastic book to finish (on ma new ipad!), a floor to clean and a newly created playlist on Spotify jampacked with early 2000 TRL-esque tunes (y'know, like City High, Missy Elliott, Ashanti and Keyshia Cole) to blast really loud and confuse my neighbors. 




The end, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment