Wednesday, May 2, 2012

april is very over

My first month living in New York has come to a close. It feels like it's been years, but not in a dragged out, long, dramatic sense. Regardless of how my loon brain is perceiving time, it has been a great month. I paid all of my bills and mailed them (I know it's not 1992. I can electronically pay them. ONE DAY I WILL) at my local post office which is aaaaalwaaays a blast. Am I really writing about my post office experience? Is this where I am? Regardless of how you feel about post office stories, the lady working there is a real piece of work. She has managed to yell at me not once but three times each time I have stepped foot in that joint and then suggested that the stamps she sold me would be perfect for "either boys or girls because its both pink and blue". Who knew trips to the post office were not only annoying, but abusive and informative all at once.

In other news, the cat calling in my hood is becoming a real issue in my brain lately, even if it does get me a free bandaid or a discounted iced coffee every now and then. I could have a goyder the size of Topeka on my head and pieces of spaghetti for hair and I'll still somehow hear the yells. Although I do know that when I hear nothing, it means I must look like true shit. 
Here are some shots from recently. My little nieces came to stay with me and we explored Prospect Park, I spent time in the Village with my lovely, fellow city dwelling cousin Erin and I dressed like a Lt. Dan & Michelle Tanner hybrid for at-least 7 days straight. Verdict on the Prospect Park Zoo? Beautiful, peaceful, doesn't feel like the city, definitely fun. As far as animals go? Too many birds, not enough lions. Come on Brooklyn, I thought you went hard! 

Also, I have become way too obsessed with thinking about furniture, ASOS dream shopping, ordering the arnold palmer (ginger mint lemonade & sweet tea) at Roots Cafe, the Supremes pandora station and always having Ms. Geist inspired lipstick marks on everything my mouth even comes into close contact with. A real buffoon, I'm becoming. A real buffoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment