Thursday, April 26, 2012


Is it strange that I got super excited during my first night rainstorm here? Saturday night the skies opened up and it was as if whoever is up in the clouds dumped a big ol' community pool down onto the tri-state area and it was fucking cool. Now let's get this straight. I've been alive for 23 years and I've seen many a rainstorm before, but there's something about being in a new place, watching it come down for the first time in your new cozy (and dry)  bed. It's the best. Walking around Chelsea the next night while it was still pouring, hair drenched (I will never stop harping on the hair aspect of it) clutching an umbrella that was literally breaking into pieces and boots filled with water? Not fun. Did I mention it was a date? Yikes.

 So, lesson learned. Invest in a million dollar umbrella because city life in a storm is absolutely no joke. You know what else is no joke? Job hunting in New York City. Bless all of your hearts who have easily found a job so quickly out of college. And by "bless your hearts", I mean I'm mad at you. But hey, the deal is that there is so much out there so there is no excuse for stopping the search. Someone will give me a shot. But truly, all career disappointments or let downs aside, I'm feelin' pretty damn lucky.


The R and G trains are pretty much my best friends these days, but the G is the slutty friend who will leave you at night to go hook up with a guy when you're just trying to get home at 2am. I've been to so many different neighborhoods a week but there is nothing like that fuzzy feeling I get once I'm in my neck of the woods (cement?). There might be a ton of funeral homes, autobodies, cat calls and halaal delis that are closely bundled around my apartment building like a little blanket but I wouldn't have it any other way. South Slope rules. Quote me on that. 

Ten Things that I've been loving this week:
1. Girls brunch at Thistle Hill Tavern with my cousins and sister
2. My Mom visiting for the day. No planes, no hotels. Just a 45 minute car ride. That makes me so happy.
3. The Trader Joes in Cobble Hill.
4. 99 cent lipsticks from the bodega down the street. So what if they break in half within 20 minutes? 
5. No Name Bar in Greenpoint.
6. Listening to Paul Westerberg's Folker album on repeat all day, everyday.
7. Collared shirts.
8. My nieces coming to sleepover on Friday.
9. Crazy people on the subway with Guy Fieri wigs.
10. Parks & Rec netflix marathons and nightly dreams about Chris Pratt. He has my dream boy body. 






No comments:

Post a Comment