Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Everyone knows NYC has this whole "go go go" attitude. Whether it's pushy people on the streets, fast service basically everywhere or that "GIT GOIN OR DIE" kind of attitude toward everything especially having a good career. I so desperately want to be apart of that and I feel like I'm one step closer. I've gone on a bunch of interviews since I moved here. Some that seemed promising, some that felt wrong and others that were just "eh". Today I went on one that I, to be honest, wasn't expecting much from but walked out of there feeling like "Hm. This could really rule". And no, that thought wasn't encouraged entirely by the fact that both Eataly (can we taaalk about it?) and Shake Shack are conveniently located across the street. Skinny person. Cross all your toes and tentacles for me.

I know this blog is going to make me sound like some sort of way too reflective Jane Fonda (flippy hair, structured blouse, statement necklace and all) type but really, I just don't know how else to write anymore. It's funny how good ol' life slowly steers you in a direction that you didn't even realize you cared about. Don't get me wrong, I feel as lost as everyone else my age but it feels cool being lost in a place you feel safe in. And you know what fellow 23 year olds? Maybe we're not at all as lost as we think we are anyway. That was my inner Fonda talking again.

This week basically just started and already it rules. It is still such a wonderful thing to know that I can walk a couple blocks, hop on the subway, be in the East Village and stuff my face with great Indian food with one of my dearest friends since I was in 4th grade. Finishing the night drinking beer at the McSorley's which is a classic New York bar that my Grandpa used to go to (as well as other family members) back in the day. It was old timey and awesome. Plus, two mugs of beer for five dollars? Be still my heart. I am a lady.

I am also crazy and of course I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, just as any neurotic person does. But I can truly say that I am savoring every moment, every day. This time last year I was that person saying "I don't care about New York. Whatever. Bleh". What was I thinking?