Tuesday, July 17, 2012

~

This week I started training for my new full time job in the fashion industry. Although I'm not full time until the 30th of July, I can already sense the change. I won't get into detail about what the job is or who it's for, and it's only the first couple of days so it is so very very new. This new opportunity is both terrifying and absolutely, 100% exciting. I geeked out secretly inside when the girl training me referred to where my desk would be, my client list and how I'd get my own business cards. The position is my first shot to really do exactly what I have wanted to do since I was five years old. I just want to work so hard and learn so much. I really, really do.

But let's be honest here. Nothing will bring you down to earth faster than struttin' down 7th avenue in some new wedges, like "I GOT THIS, EVERYONE! Hello! I HAVE ARRIVED!" and then having an insane homeless woman try to (unsuccessfully) steal your bag and call you "a damn bitch".

Let's hear it for New York. Concrete Jungle where Dreams are Made Of.

No comments:

Post a Comment