Wednesday, April 11, 2012


So, I did it. I took the leap and moved to Brooklyn. After years of wishing I could do it and knowing deep down in my heart that it just wasn't the time, I decided that it was in fact time. So I'm here and I am in heaven. This has been the most stress free move and I think I have been adjusting beautifully. But ya know, there is still time for a ton of frazzled breakdowns. Since this is a new chapter in my life, I thought "hey, why not start a new blog?!". So here I am.

My neighborhood is great and low key. It's the perfect place to explore and that is what i've been doing everyday since moving here. At least two hours of walking, wandering, discovering. When night comes, I've been meeting new people and finding great little spots around the city. This whole experience is feeling like a dream so far. I feel like my face is going to literally fall off due to all of the smiling at cute dogs and cute babies that I take part in on the daily. With that said, I know that challenges will arise but I'm ready for it all.. Things are moving fast but at the same time, I feel that I'm more 'go with the flow' than ever before. How that is happening here continues to confuse me but i'm INTO it. My apartment finally feels like home and it is exactly what I pictured in my head. Savannah broke my heart in many ways with the beautiful mossy trees, great people, cobblestone streets, wonderful architecture. But Brooklyn is also breaking my heart in a different way.

I'm a few streets away from where my Grandfather on my Dad's side was born and in walking distance of my Grandmother on my Mom's side's birth place. I love wandering around Prospect Park or certain streets that I can picture my Grandma wandering when she was my age. Within 25 minutes I can be in downtown Manhattan and my hometown is only 45 minutes away. It feels like a huge change because it's a big city but I'm doing just fine. Is this post getting annoying yet? Probably but hey, it's the intro!

The two other 'big moves' I have had in my life were much more stressful. Maybe it was because I was younger and didn't know how to adapt. But the past two weeks here have just felt so right. This must be the place.